"LOUISVILLE SLUGGER'S" PRE-SEASON ALL-AMERICAN BASEBALL TEAMS
TUCSON, Ariz. — The 2012 Louisville Slugger pre-season All-American baseball teams, selected by Collegiate Baseball newspaper, features a who's who of NCAA Division I baseball players.
The projected National Player of The Year is catcher Mike Zunino of the University of Florida. He is a terrific defensive player who hit .371 with 19 homers, 23 doubles and 67 RBI last season for the Gators. Zunino is expected to be a first round pick next spring in the Free Agent Draft.
The three All-American teams include:
- FIRST TEAM PRE-SEASON ALL-AMERICANS
- LHP Michael Roth, South Carolina (14-3, 1.06 ERA, 112 K, 41 BB in 145 IP)
- RHP Matt Price, South Carolina (20 SV, 7-3, 1.83 ERA, 75 K, 20 BB in 59 IP)
- LHP Sam Stafford, Texas (6-2, 1.77 ERA, 91 K, 42 BB in 81 1/3 IP)
- RHP Mark Appel, Stanford (6-7, 3.02 ERA, 86 K, 29 BB, 99 mph fastball)
- RHP Hudson Randall, Florida (11-3, 2.17 ERA, 73 K, 13 BB in 124 1/3 IP)
- RHP Karsten Whitson, Florida (8-1, 2.40 ERA, 92 K, 28 BB in 97 1/3 IP)
- Relief Corey Knebel, Texas (19 SV, 3-2, 1.13 ERA, 61 K, 12 BB in 55 2/3 IP)
- C Mike Zunino, Florida (.371, 19 HR, 23 2B, 67 RBI, great defense)
- 1B Adam Brett Walker, Jacksonville (.409, 13 HR, 23 2B, 75 RBI, 14 SB)
- 2B Ross Heffley, Western Carolina (.419, 11 HR, 18 2B, 65 RBI)
- 3B Tyler Hannah, Troy (.370, 7 HR, 27 2B, 53 RBI)
- SS Deven Marrero, Arizona St. (terrific defense, .315, 2 HR, 14 2B, 20 RBI, 10 SB)
- OF Victor Roache, Georgia Southern (.326, 30 HR, 10 2B, 84 RBI)
- OF Tyler Naquin, Texas A&M (.381, 2 HR, 23 2B, 7 3B, 44 RBI)
- OF Daniel Aldrich, Coll. of Charleston (.347, 22 HR, 17 2B, 73 RBI)
- DH William Carmona, Stony Brook (.357, 6 HR, 27 2B, 40 RBI)
- UT Brian Johnson, Florida (.307, 11 2B, 5 HR, 29 RBI, 8-3, 3.62 ERA, 72 K, 15 BB)
- SECOND TEAM PRE-SEASON ALL-AMERICANS
- RHP Tyler Ray, Troy
- RHP Michael Wacha, Texas A&M
- RHP Ross Stripling, Texas A&M
- LHP Hoby Milner, Texas
- RHP Brady Rodgers, Arizona St.
- RHP D.J. Baxendale, Arkansas
- RHP Kevin Gausman, Louisiana St.
- Relief Michael Schum, Wright St.
- Relief Branden Kline, Virginia
- C Peter O'Brien, Miami (Fla.)
- 1B Brad Zebedis, Presbyterian
- 1B Christian Walker, South Carolina
- 2B Tony Renda, California
- 2B Devon Travis, Florida St.
- 3B Colin Moran, North Carolina
- 3B Kris Bryant, San Diego
- SS Kenny Diekroeger, Stanford
- OF Preston Tucker, Florida
- OF James Ramsey, Florida St.
- OF Michael Ratterree, Rice
- UT Austin Maddox, Florida
- THIRD TEAM PRE-SEASON ALL-AMERICANS
- RHP Kurt Schluter, Stetson
- RHP Kurt Heyer, Arizona
- RHP Adam Plutko, UCLA
- RHP Andrew Smith, Charlotte
- RHP Chris Beck, Georgia Southern
- RHP Eric Whaley, Miami (Fla.)
- RHP Buck Farmer, Georgia Tech.
- LHP Kent Emanuel, North Carolina
- RHP Justin Amlung, Louisville
- RHP Kyle Hansen, St. John's
- RHP Austin Kubitza, Rice
- LHP David Starn, Kent St.
- RHP Ty Blach, Creighton
- Relief Jake Boyd, Stetson
- Relief Michael Morin, North Carolina
- Relief Todd Hornsby, Jcksonville St.
- Relief Tony Bryant, Oregon St.
- Relief Caleb Reed, Mississippi St.
- Relief Scott Coffman, New Mexico St.
- C Josh Elander, Texas Christian
- 1B Jake Hibberd, Wright St.
- 1B D.J. Peterson, New Mexico
- 1B Casey Kalenkosky, Texas St.
- 2B Cam Schiller, Oral Roberts
- 2B Maxx Tissenbaum, Stony Brook
- 3B Trenton Moses, S.E. Missouri St.
- 3B Torsten Boss, Michigan St.
- SS Bo Cuthbertson, Southern Utah
- SS Nolan Fontana, Florida
- OF Tony Kemp, Vanderbilt
- OF Andrew Rash, Virginia Tech.
- OF Shaun Cooper, Utah
- OF Jeremy Baltz, St. John's
- OF Michael Lorenzen, Cal. St. Fullerton
- UT Marco Gonzalez, Gonzaga
About Louisville Slugger®
Louisville Slugger® is the Official Bat of Major League Baseball and is a name that is synonymous with America’s pastime. Originating in 1884, Louisville Slugger bats graced the hands of the greatest players in baseball history including Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Stan Musial, Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron, to name a few. Stars of today also swing Louisville Slugger bats including Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Dustin Pedroia, Joey Votto, Ryan Zimmerman, and David Wright. Louisville Slugger also makes TPX® baseball equipment for college, high school and youth players, as well as TPS® equipment for slow-pitch and fastpitch softball. Louisville Slugger is a brand of the Hillerich & Bradsby Co., a fifth-generation family-owned company that also sells PowerBilt® golf equipment and Bionic® Gloves for a variety of sports and hobbies.
- more press releases -