Louisville Slugger The Official Bat of Major League Baseball
Baseball Fastpitch Softball Slowpitch Softball Shop Now

 

PRESS BOX / Press Releases

 

#1 BAT IN MLB® IS #1 BAT IN POST SEASON PLAY!

LOUISVILLE, KY (November 3, 2011)   Louisville Slugger®, Major League Baseball’s number one bat in the regular season, was also baseball’s number one bat in 2011 post-season play.  More MLB players chose bats from professional baseball’s most experienced and leading bat maker during the playoffs than from any other bat company.

Louisville Slugger went to the plate with 72 of 117 hitters on the eight playoff teams.  That’s 62 percent.  The remaining 38 percent of post-season hitters chose bats from 12 different bat makers.  The reason for such dominance – MLB players have a comfort level and trust in Louisville Slugger that’s been built over 127 years. 

“Louisville Slugger takes great pride in being Major League Baseball’s number one bat, an honor we’ve held – for a long, long time,” said the company’s director of professional baseball, Chuck Schupp.  “First and foremost, we take great care of players who swing Louisville Slugger bats.  We make sure they have the very best timber.  We work with each player to ensure their bats are made exactly the way they want them.  And we deliver on time.”

Schupp also said the storied bat maker knows baseball better than its competitors.

“Louisville Slugger is a company with deep roots in the game.  We are the largest and oldest bat maker, and we are made up of baseball people who’ve played at the highest levels. We do things right, and we know hitting.”

The storied company is already gearing up for the start of the 2012 MLB season, its 128th year in baseball.

About Louisville Slugger®
Louisville Slugger® is the Official Bat of Major League Baseball® and is a name that is synonymous with America’s pastime.  Originating in 1884, Louisville Slugger bats graced the hands of the greatest players in baseball history, including Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Stan Musial, Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron, to name just a few.  Stars of today also swing Louisville Slugger bats, including Alex Rodriguez, Buster Posey, Lance Berkman and Troy Tulowitzki.  Louisville Slugger also makes TPX® baseball equipment for college, high school and youth players, as well as TPS® equipment for slow-pitch and fastpitch softball players.  Louisville Slugger is a brand of the Hillerich & Bradsby Co., a fifth-generation family-owned business that also owns and operates Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory and makes  PowerBilt® golf clubs and Bionic® Gloves for a variety of sports and hobbies.

- more press releases -

 

© Copyright Hillerich & Bradsby, All Rights Reserved.