ARIZONA SWINGS LOUISVILLE SLUGGER TO OUTHIT COMPETITORS & WIN SCHOOL'S FOURTH BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
TUCSON, AZ (June 26, 2012) ─ The Arizona Wildcats can flat-out hit. Ask any of the teams they’ve faced this season along the way to UA’s fourth baseball National Championship. Eight hitters with batting averages above .300! Five above .350! Astounding numbers in baseball’s BBCOR era.
“All season long I’ve had coaches and players from around the country asking me what bats Arizona is swinging,” says Louisville Slugger College Baseball Program Manager Kevin Uhrhan. “When great players have great equipment, they can do great things.”
Obviously, the Wildcats are very talented hitters and extremely well coached. But they were also swinging some great Louisville Slugger® TPX® BBCOR bats with excellent balance and feel and super-huge sweet spots. As ESPN’s Mike Patrick said pre-game on Monday, “For Arizona, it’s all about the bats.”
So then, what bats were the Wildcats swinging?
“During the regular season when Arizona was racking up huge hit and run totals game after game they were swinging the 2012 Louisville Slugger Exo2 and Omaha,” Uhrhan said. “Some guys stayed with those bats in the post-season, but several switched to our new 2013 model Exo3 and Omaha Balanced when they received them mid-season. Both are great bats for the high-performance player. Coach Lopez told me his players had complete confidence at the plate with their Louisville Slugger bats.”
Here are some examples of what Arizona’s great players did with that great Louisville Slugger equipment in 2012:
- First team since 1991 to never trail in the College World Series
- Only the third team in D1 history to never trail in the CWS
- Eight hitters with batting averages above .300
- Five hitters with batting averages above .350
- Went 10-0 in NCAA tournament play, only the second team to do so
- Seven hits Monday vs South Carolina pushed the team’s national DI lead for 2012 to 756
- Collected double-digit hits in 8 of 10 NCAA post-season games
- Had an extra base hit in 64 of 65 games
- Hit more home runs in Omaha than all other CWS teams combined
- 48 victories this season set a single-season school record, quite an achievement for a program with four national titles and 16 CWS appearances
The new Louisville Slugger Exo3 and Omaha Balanced bats swung by the National Champion Arizona Wildcats will be available at retail October 1.
About Louisville Slugger®
Louisville Slugger® is the Official Bat of Major League Baseball® and is a name that is synonymous with America’s pastime. Originating in 1884, Louisville Slugger bats have graced the hands of the greatest players in baseball history. Stars of today swing Louisville Slugger bats, including Josh Hamilton, Derek Jeter, David Wright and Joey Votto. Louisville Slugger also makes equipment for college, high school and youth baseball players as well as gear for slow-pitch and fastpitch softball. Louisville Slugger is a brand of the Hillerich & Bradsby Co., a fifth-generation family-owned business that also owns and operates Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory and makes PowerBilt® golf clubs, and Bionic® Gloves for a variety of sports and hobbies.
- more press releases -