NEW HOT PINK LOUISVILLE SLUGGER® BATS FEATURED
FOR MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL'S
"GOING TO BAT AGAINST BREAST CANCER" PROGRAM ON MOTHER'S DAY
LOUISVILLE, KY (May 11, 2012) ─ This Sunday the pink bats Major League Baseball® fans have grown accustomed to seeing players swing on Mother’s Day are changing! They’re going from the soft pink of the past to a new hot pink. And the bats are branded with the MLB Authentic® logo on the back of the barrel, a first for Louisville Slugger bats.
“This is the seventh Mother’s Day we’ve made pink bats for MLB players,” said Bill Clark, President of Louisville Slugger. “It makes quite a statement when Major Leaguers make a change in season and swing a pink bat. They don’t have to do this. They do it because they want to. We’re very proud of these Louisville Slugger guys.”
Louisville Slugger ─ The Official Bat of Major League Baseball® and the number one bat throughout the League ─ created the pink bat initiative with Major League Baseball Properties in 2006 to benefit the fight against breast cancer. Here are some quick facts on the effort now in its seventh year:
- Nearly 300 MLB players ordered the new hot pink Louisville Slugger bats to swing on Mother’s Day. Louisville Slugger provided two bats per player.
- Since 2006, Louisville Slugger has provided $250,000+ of bats for Mother’s Day.
- Game-used Louisville Slugger pink bats that have been authenticated by MLB will be auctioned exclusively on MLB.com to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Together, Louisville Slugger, MLB and its other Mother’s Day partners have generated well into seven figures for the cause.
- New hot-pink versions are now available. A $10 donation from each personalized pink Louisville Slugger bat goes to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- The new hot-pink personalized Louisville Slugger bats are available at mlb.com, sluggergifts.com and the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory store in Louisville.
Personalized pink Louisville Slugger bats make great Mother’s Day gifts or great tributes to anyone who has fought breast cancer.
About Louisville Slugger®
Louisville Slugger® is the Official Bat of Major League Baseball and is a name that is synonymous with America’s pastime. Originating in 1884, Louisville Slugger bats graced the hands of the greatest players in baseball history including Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Stan Musial, Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron, to name just a few. Stars of today also swing Louisville Slugger bats, including Derek Jeter, Dustin Pedroia, Jim Thome, David Wright and Joey Votto. Louisville Slugger also makes TPX® baseball equipment for college, high school and youth players, as well as TPS® equipment for slow-pitch and fastpitch softball players. Louisville Slugger is a brand of the Hillerich & Bradsby Co., a fifth-generation family-owned business that also owns and operates Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory and makes PowerBilt® golf clubs and Bionic® Gloves for a variety of sports and hobbies.
- more press releases -