YB12D 2012 DYNASTY YOUTH BASEBALL BAT DE-CERTIFIED BY LITTLE LEAGUE
LOUISVILLE, KY – (November 20, 2012)
- Louisville Slugger has been notified by Little League International that the YB12D, Dynasty 2-1/4” composite youth baseball bat has been de-certified and is no longer permitted for play in Little League sanctioned events.
- The YB12D bat is a 2012 model and is no longer in the Louisville Slugger product line.
- The YB12D bat may still be permitted for play in other youth baseball organizations. Parents are encouraged to check with their child’s national governing organization or local league to determine if the bat is permitted for play.
- If you have a YB12D bat Louisville Slugger will replace it with a comparable model bat that is approved for play by Little League International. Proof of purchase of the YB12D is required.
- Contact Louisville Slugger Customer Service toll free at 1-800-282-BATS (2287) for additional information on returning the YB12D bat. Louisville Slugger will provide a Return Authorization Number for you to return your YB12D bat and receive a comparable model bat. All transactions related to this matter must be complete by June 1, 2013.
- Allow 1-2 weeks to receive your replacement bat once we have received your YB12D bat and proof of purchase.
- Louisville Slugger regrets any inconvenience this has caused.
About Hillerich & Bradsby Co.
Hillerich & Bradsby Co. is the fifth-generation family-owned maker of Louisville Slugger®, the Official Bat of Major League Baseball®. Louisville Slugger is a name synonymous with America’s pastime. Originating in 1884, Louisville Slugger bats have graced the hands of the greatest players in baseball history, including Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Stan Musial, Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron, to name a few. Stars of today also swing Louisville Slugger bats, including Derek Jeter, Jim Thome, Troy Tulowitzki and Joey Votto. Louisville Slugger also makes TPX® baseball equipment for college, high school and youth players, as well as TPS® equipment for slow-pitch and fastpitch softball players. Hillerich & Bradsby Co. also owns PowerBilt® golf clubs ─ used to win eight Majors and over 100 professional tournaments ─ as well as the award-winning Bionic™ Gloves and the world-class Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory.
- more press releases -