LOUISVILLE SLUGGER’S OPERATION OMAHA!
NEW 2015 BATS TO BE REVEALED. A BAT HUNT. FREE STUFF. AND MORE!
LOUISVILLE, KY (May 20, 2014) –Get ready, Omaha. Louisville Slugger® will be all over town during the 11 days of the NCAA® College World Series®, when the innovative baseball company reveals its 2015 performance bat line and gives away 15 of those bats in a social media bat hunt. And that’s just part of the excitement Louisville Slugger is bringing to town with its Operation Omaha!
“Outside of our elite college programs, Omaha is the first place in the world where baseball players and fans will be able to see and demo our new 2015 performance bats, the Prime 915, Select 715 and Omaha 515,” said Rob Partin, Louisville Slugger Business Manager – Amateur Baseball & Grassroots. Partin will lead the company’s efforts in Omaha. “We’ll be in Council Bluffs at the Triple Crown SlumpBuster® Tournament with our batting cage on Festival Nights. And on Father’s Day we’re going to give away some of those great new performance bats to fans in Omaha through one of our famous bat hunts.”
The storied baseball brand, known by fans for its scavenger hunt-style social media bat hunts across the country, will give away bat combo prizes to 15 lucky people on Father’s Day, June 15. But the Operation Omaha bat hunt will have a twist. Rather than search for bats, fans will look for miniature home plates placed in various spots in the festival area around TD Ameritrade Park, including the Omaha Baseball Village. Each mini home plate will be emblazoned with Operation Omaha and the hashtag #omahabathunt.
“Every at-bat in baseball is a battle, hitter versus pitcher. Louisville Slugger provides hitters with performance bats that give them the confidence to win those battles and own the plate,” Partin said. “Some lucky people are going to get brand-new Louisville Slugger 2015 performance bats absolutely free.”
Clues for finding Operation Omaha miniature home plates will be posted on sluggerbathunt.com and Louisville Slugger’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Fans who find one can take it to the Louisville Slugger brand store in Omaha Baseball Village to claim their prize. They’ll have their choice of one of the new Prime 915, Select 715 or Omaha 515 bats, and they’ll get a personalized Louisville Slugger bat, too.
Louisville Slugger’s brand store will be a buzz of activity as fans clamor to purchase personalized bats and see and buy new 2015 on-field products as well as branded apparel and MLB® or collegiate logo mini bats. The store will also show live ESPN telecasts of all CWS games and live telecasts of MLB games when CWS games are not being played.
LOUISVILLE SLUGGER – OPERATION OMAHA
- First chance for fans and players to see and test Louisville Slugger’s new 2015 performance bats; Prime 915, Select 715 and Omaha 515
- Louisville Slugger brand store in Omaha Baseball Village (1/2 block south of stadium on 13th St. between Cass St. and Mike Fahey St.)
- Personalized Louisville Slugger bats made on the spot
- Louisville Slugger performance equipment including bats, gloves and batting gloves
- Louisville Slugger branded apparel (shirts, hats, shorts, pullovers and licensed products)
- Mini bats with MLB and collegiate logos
- Live ESPN broadcasts of all CWS games
- Live broadcasts of MLB games before and after CWS games
- Festival Nights at Triple Crown SlumpBuster Tournament (June 12, 16 and 21)
- Louisville Slugger Trailer on site with performance products, including new Prime 915, Select 715 and Omaha 515 bats
- Inflatable batting cages for players to demo the new Louisville Slugger performance bat line
- Father’s Day, Sunday June 15
- 15 mini home plates emblazoned with Operation Omaha and #omahabathunt will be hidden in the area around TD Ameritrade Park and the surrounding four-block radius
- Clues to find the 15 Operation Omaha mini home plates will be posted on sluggerbathunt.com and Louisville Slugger’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) using the hashtag #omahabathunt
- People who find one of the 15 Operation Omaha mini home plates should take it to the Louisville Slugger brand store in Omaha Baseball Village to claim their prize
- 15 prize combinations will be awarded (choice of a Prime 915, Select 715 or Omaha 515 bat plus a personalized Louisville Slugger wood bat)
About Louisville Slugger
Louisville Slugger® is the Official Bat of Major League Baseball® and the #1 Bat in MLB®. It is synonymous with America’s pastime. Originating in 1884, Louisville Slugger bats have graced the hands of the greatest players in baseball, including stars of today. Known for helping create history, Louisville Slugger continues to innovate and provide players the products and confidence they need to #owntheplate and make new history every day.
- more press releases -